Saturday 15 September 2012

HIGH ROCKABILLY 2012 - España

 Last week I had the extreme pleasure of returning to the annual "High Rockabilly" four day event in Calafell, Spain! I performed at the same event back in 2010 alongside my best gal Leyla Rose, this year I was working alongside the wonderful Anna Fur Laxis! It was such a privilege to be back and with such wonderful company as Anna!

This really is a dream job and makes me very grateful to have the job I do! We were performing once every evening at 1am on the main stage (we also had a fantastic 15 year old stage hand "Andreu", he was only 13 when he was stage hand for me two years ago!!)  the rest of our time pretty much consisted of: Laying on the beach, laying by the pool, eating ice-cream, watching bands, looking at Hot Rods, vintage shopping, day trip to Barcelona, open top tour bus and drinking cocktails.

I'll stop now...here is a little photo diary of our time!


Calafell Beach







Our 15 year old stage hand Andreu!
Dollar Billies!
Showgirls on Tour!
Hotel Solimar



Anna treated herself to a shoe shop

The wide range on offer for vegetarians at the buffet.....crisps.

Live on stage

With the creator of High Rockabilly, Jose!
Vintage Monster Rings!!


Gaudi's "Casa Batllo" - Barcelona
Showgirls Day trip - Barcelona
Gaudi's "Sagrada Familia" - Barcelona
Bruno Quadras Building once an umbrella factory
Barcelona

Gaudi's "Casa Mila" - Barcelona


Gaudi's "Guell Paviliona" - Barcelona


Live on Stage!

My Costume.....
Anna's Costume!
Franca & Me! (Voodoo De Luxe Pal!)









No comments:

Post a Comment