Tuesday 1 May 2012

BLUE MONDAY - FRANCE

Last Thursday I travelled to Attignat (near Grenoble) in France to perform at "Blue Monday - Good Rockin' Tonight 10th Anniversary" alongside my double act partner/best pal Leyla Rose and Emilie Loison! We were performing twice a night on Friday/Saturday/Sunday and the line ups were fantastic!

I had sprained my knee the week before so I was in abit of pain all weekend and dancing on it is NOT what the doctor ordered! but the fab experiences, wonderful company and loads of cheese took my mind off the pain!


The Girls! - Emilie, Leyla & Me
We were staying in a lovely little bungalow in a holiday camp (a hell of allot more pleasant than the UK holiday camps that the Rockabilly weekenders over here have to offer!) and it was also right on the lake! It was a real treat to feel some heat on my bones after all the rubbish weather we have been having and going for a swim was a nice added bonus too!



Leyla & our bungalow!
Our neighbour!


Sugar Daddies!


I had the great pleasure of meeting Bernie Dexter after years
of admiring her work in the Pin Up world!
 On Sunday we headed into the town for a lovely lunch and then on to a flea market (my obsession!) for some bargain hunting, of which there were plenty! I even tried Escargot for the very first time! and as my mother said "When in France, eat a snail!".






Some of my flea market finds! And SO CHEAP!!



Our neighbour's swish car!





It was great to act up with our Italian DJ  friend Buddy at the festival too!
I had a truly lovely time away and really enjoyed hanging out with Leyla, as it had been way to long since we spent some quality time together. Many thanks to Emilie for bringing us over for the event! I had a Rockin' Good Time!

Driving through mountains on the way to Geneva Airport!
British Soil!

No comments:

Post a Comment