Sunday 18 September 2011

UP NORTH!

Last Thursday I caught that old familiar train to Scotland for a flying visit to my parents and to perform at a QMU fresher's week event! I enjoyed a swim, steam & sauna with my Mama & Papa before we relaxed for the night with Mama's home cooking!

On Friday Mama and me headed into Edinburgh to poster and flyer for my Oct "Missy Malone & Friends Burlesque Revue" at the Voodoo Rooms!  (www.missymaloneandfriends.com) We then treated ourselves to lunch at one of my fave places "Mums" (highly recommended for those visiting Edinburgh).


Mama at "Mums"!


We then went for a wander around the Museum (I didn't see everything last time, and still didn't this time!!)




That evening I was performing at a Queen Margaret University Fresher's event along with some familiar northern faces!  Wild Card Kitty, Hettie Heartache, Amelie Soleil, Ed Muir and Impressive Johnson! It was a fun show and nice to hang out with all the gang!

Backstage at Fresher's event - Kitty, Hettie, Me & Amelie
 Yesterday afternoon I headed down to Leeds for another "Wet Spot" I always mention how much I LOVE doing this show and I really do! This was up there in my fave ever Wet Spot's! It was the lovely Anna Fur Laxis's birthday so there was an extra air of celebration! and Ryvita was back hosting! The show included Anna Fur Laxis, Mysti Vine, Honour Mission, Reeces Pieces, The Bees Knees!

Backstage - Me & The Birthday Girl!
Backstage - LUREX DOUBLE WHAMMY!
Anna's awesome birthday cake!
Birthday Girl!
Me & Katy Kamikaze my hostess with the mostess!
 After a few drinks & a dance I headed back to stay at Katy Kamikaze's place and I was delighted when she gave me this little guy (below) brought all the way from her recent trip to Japan!! He brings business prosperity and fulfillment of wishes! I hope he works!

No comments:

Post a Comment