Wednesday 10 August 2011

EDINBURGH FRINGE FESTIVAL 2011 - PART 1

On the 3rd of August I made my annual trek to the homeland for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2011!

This year my "run" consists of the opening week and the closing week of the Fringe where I will perform between six shows. Here is a wee look at my first week there!

On the Thurs 4th I started my run at the opening night of the Fantastic "Comic Strip" at the AMAZING Dans Paleis venue (which is one of the traveling Spiegltents). I was also lucky enough to come back and perform the next night too! This show is the creation of the lovely Gypsy Wood and Asher Treleaven and it is the perfect mix of high quality stand up comedy and striptease performances! I was delighted to have been included in their prestigious Fringe line up. I would highly recommend anyone to see this show if you are up at the Fringe! (Details at the bottom)

The Beautiful Venue!

Lyra, Me & Gypsy - Backstage at The Comic Strip!

Backstage at Comic Strip!

Here is some live shots of my Friday night's performance at The Comic Strip by the wonderful Loraine Ross.

Go Going at The Comic Strip
Live at The Comic Strip


 On Sat (6th) I performed at the opening night of the lovely Itsy's Kabarett in the Voodoo Rooms Speakeasy! It is fantastic mixed cabaret that is on twice a night and part of the Free Fringe so there is no excuses not to go see it! (Details at the bottom)

Opening night at Itsy's Kabarett
It was then a mad dash in the pouring rain to the Caves for "Kitty Cointreau's Bra Ha Ha"! I had a brilliant time performing at this show in last years Fringe and it was a pleasure to be back again this year! The line ups are killer! My first night included my best gal Leyla Rose and the fab Piff The Magic Dragon (& Mr Piffles of course!) It was great to catch up with Leyla and share another .....interesting dressing room! Another highly recommended show! (Details at the bottom)

The Caves 
A soggy Mr Piffles!
Our "dressing" cave!
Live at Kitty Cointreau's Bra Ha Ha

On Sunday I was back again performing at Bra Ha Ha and then made a dash across town to perform  ANOTHER fab midnight show "Gorgeous George's Cabaret Club" which is also well worth a visit! (Details below). While I was up there I also managed to squeeze in a visits to friends, family, the hairdresser and the antiques fare! Phew!! 
Lunch at the News Room - Edinburgh


Here are the deatils of all the shows above:

GORGEOUS GEORGE CABARET CLUB

I headed home on Monday and enjoyed a night in my own bed before I headed to London the next day to appear as an extra in ITV's Whitechapel. Due to the three day riots which kicked of in London on Sat night I was nervous travelling across London . I didn't witness any riots but all the cast were witness to a violent car jacking right in front of our eyes at lunch time, just awful.

My thoughts are with all the people it has affected and all the small businesses that have been destroyed in this senseless violence across the UK. I hope it comes to a conclusion soon and the looters are brought to justice.

London's Burning

No comments:

Post a Comment